Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sepcial Movie recommendations







Hello, beautiful people and I hope you're having a great day. By the blog title, you're propably wondering what could be special about this list. Well, I'm very happy to admit that I watched movie genres that I've never been fond of before, and it turned out really good. The fact that I enjoyed watching every single one of these movies, can encourage you also to dicover more movies in many genres which is really fun.

Okay, I'm gonna stop  talking for a minute and get into the list already.

1) The Mummy (1999):


An English librarian called Evelyn Carnahan becomes interested in starting an archaeological dig at the ancient city of Hamunaptra. She gains the help of Rick O'Connell, after saving him from his death. What Evelyn, her brother Jonathan and Rick are unaware of is that another group of explorers are interested in the same dig. Unfortunately for everyone, this group ends up unleashing a curse which been laid on the dead High Priest Imhotep. Now 'The Mummy' is awake and it's going to take a lot more than guns to send him back to where he came from.



My sister begged me to see this movie, and I kept on saying no but then after I had a dream about Brendan Fraser I immediatly downloaded the movie. The cinemtography, the cast, the storyline and Ancient Egypt were all extremly perfect The Mummy is a good combination of history, comedy and action and trust me you'll enjoy every bit of it. 



2) Geostorm (2017):



When catastrophic climate change endangers Earth's very survival, world governments unite and create the Dutch Boy Program: a world wide net of satellites, surrounding the planet, that are armed with geoengineering technologies designed to stave off the natural disasters. After successfully protecting the planet for three years, something is starting to go wrong. Two estranged brothers are tasked with solving the program's malfunction before a world wide Geostorm can engulf the planet.



Gerarld Butler is quiet famous for his disaster movies genre, and I had low expectations for this , but after I finished the movie and I had a different opinion. Throughout this film, I was on the edge of my seat of how real the disasters looked.  Also, I loved the supporting cast along with the twist at the end. I highly recommend this movie.



3) Shiddat (2021):



 A passionate love story involving two couples which highlights the contrast between a regular, mature yet egoistic husband and a unique, happy go lucky, enamored, overzealous boy chasing after the love of his life.



This movie is deffinetly not your typical romantic movie, at first it starts off a fresh romantic story between the leads and all but then it takes a dark turn. It tackles many taboos, like illegal immigration, social status and many many more. We see the story told by the male lead Jaggy and how he's willing to risk his life for Kartika. Get your tissues ready, because this movie is about to make you cry like a baby.


4) The Lion King (1994):



A young lion prince is cast out of his pride by his cruel uncle, who claims he killed his father. While the uncle rules with an iron paw, the prince grows up beyond the Savannah, living by a philosophy: No worries for the rest of your days. But when his past comes to haunt him, the young prince must decide his fate: Will he remain an outcast or face his demons and become what he needs to be?



I know I'm probably the ony one who didn't see this masterpiece! It's the storyline, along with the magnificent voice actors and the incredible music. The characters are so well written, to the point where I sympathized with them so mch till I forgot they're just animation. This movie is top tier and no one can disagree.



5) Hum Do Hamare Do (2021):



Hum do Hamare do's story is about a couple who 'adopt' their parents.



For what it's worth, Hum Do Hamare Do (Our Two for Us Two) is a decent family comedy drama where Bollywood again focuses on the concept of a family. There is some novelty here as the central character is an orphan trying to create a family of his own, by planning to marry the love of his life. With ample humour garnished throughout the plot, and despite the predictable end, I felt the film had its heart at the right place. Watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

 Hello everyone and Happy New Year to you all I've missed writing in this blog so much, I've been busy with work and other stuff. Re...